Friday, January 27, 2023

AD-SPAM FREEZES LAPTOP

Windy and sunny day.  Snow keeps whipping around the deck like mini tornadoes.  Absolutely perfect day to be snuggled inside, warm and cozy.

We're both signed into our laptops.  The boyfriend is watching wood-carving videos, and I worked my three daily word games:  wordle, spelling bee and letter boxed.  The NYT website allows one free game of each on their website.  Cuddy and I slept until about 11 o'clock this morning when my phone rang.  Yesterday my Chromebook somehow had a spam ad pop-up that wouldn't go away.  Thank goodness I know a computer guru who fixed it by pressing Shift-Escape, opened a new browser tab, closed the old tab, and the spam ad went away. This morning he called to tell me how he eliminated the problem, should it happen again.  This is the first time ever that something like that happened on my Chromebook.  He said there were several instances of the same thing happening to others yesterday.  The world wide web is wonderful, yet a dangerous arena.

2 comments:

  1. Wrote that down just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When this happened, it scared the bejeezus out of me. Whew, a simple fix to a menacing invasion. Think of you every day.

    ReplyDelete