Friday, February 25, 2022

PALM TREE NURSERY

Three inches of snow fell slowly yesterday and last night.  So pretty as it gracefully fell.  Intriguing how in one part of the planet our life is peaceful, while in another part, the world is being shattered.  My prayers continue for the people of Ukraine.

Spent the day studying the countries of Europe and Asia and where Russia fits into the mix.  It's important to familiarize oneself with the location of countries, because that puts into perspective the serverity of the current situation.  

The fuzzy one's parents sent pictures of palm tree nurseries in Florida.  Never knew there were such things.   Who knew there were some 40 different types of palm trees.  One of my late-life joys is seeing what's out in the world through other eyes.  Traveling is no longer on our priority list, so how blessed to receive photos from others telling about their experiences.  

There are lots of ways to learn about our world, and my aim is to make the best of all.  People who travel can be gifts to those of us who no longer care to do so.  Sharing is caring.

2 comments:

  1. Boonville, NY received 11" of fresh powdery snow.
    I, also, looked at a map of Europe today. How the countries have changed since we were in high school.
    I didn't know there were palm tree nurseries either. Makes sense, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO envious of your 11" of fresh powdery snow. You know me and the white stuff now that I can stay indoors and admire it from the inside!

    ReplyDelete