Sunday, February 20, 2022

OLIVES

Have been on a green olive kick.  Don't ask me why. 

My Daddy was the only one in our family of four who liked olives.  Remember him saying a person had to eat ten of them before they liked 'em.  Well, me and daddy were connected at the hip, so I'm here to say he and I were the two B's who liked olives.  

First, olives are salty.  All the hype about salt has me confused.  Know for a fact that a sore throat can be healed by gargling salt water.  Have done it many times.  

A bit of research leads me to some interesting data......

➤Olives are an antioxidant-rich food.  

➤Olives have a negative calorie load, which means one burns more calories digesting an olive than one gains eating an olive.

➤By eating a daily serving of healthy olives one can help improve cognitive function, brain health and memory.  

➤Olives are anti-inflammatory and have anti-cancer properties.

There are alot of foods available to us, and for that we are incredibly fortunate.  All of us have our preferences and dislikes.  Like with all else.  It's a fun memory for me, after all these years, to remember daddy and me being the olive lovers in the B-family.  Little things keep us connected to those who came before us, but continue to live inside our hearts.  Can't ever eat an olive without thinking of my Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. Here's where are similarity ends. I'm not a fan of green olives but I do like black olives.

    ReplyDelete