Monday, November 21, 2022

Last night's dreams took me back to the days that I remember with giggles in my heart, yet I can't help but wonder if those days were actually as I saw them through my little girl's eyes.  Have always wondered about the old saying "those were the days."  Were they really all that wonderful, or do we add and subtract from them according to our personal wishes.  Who knows.

One dream took me fishing, and my brother bought me a brand new pole.  I was SO incredibly happy, and I snagged a sheephead the first throw.  I threw the fish back, but after talking with some guy (unknown in real life) about the pearl-like stones found in the cheek of the sheephead, I wished I'd not have thrown it back in the water.  Where on earth are these memories stored?  How can our minds remember things from years and years back?  Is it possible for our computer-like minds to have simply evolved?  

Dreams are the craziest.  How does our mind manufacture them while the rest of us is sound asleep?  Why do we remember some of them so vividly that they never go away from our memory?  While others simply dissolve into nothingness and don't bother to ever return?

Today our great-niece is coming over to visit.  We're going to have lunch here together.  She is on a doctor-prescribed gluten-free eating plan, so we're fixing a chicken and rice casserole.  Rice is gluten-free.  Won't make a dessert for us.....even though we're known to love-love-love our desserts.  I want to adhere to the plan as prescribed so as to help, rather than hinder her efforts.  We're looking forward to spending time with our dear heart.  It's especially nice with Cuddy here, cuz she adores the canine cuties.  

I remember the time she and her momma spent the night at our house, and we gave the girls our bed upstairs to sleep in.  They asked if our little Emma could sleep with them.  Emma loved the girls and was more than willing.  After about a half hour we were called to the scene of the accident.  Yup, Emma knew darned well the two girls didn't belong in our bed, so she did what she never ever did......she peed on our bed.  OMG, what a circus that was.  We were all tired, so I put a thick bath towel over the wet bed and told 'em all to go to sleep.  Those are the memories that make us giggle years later.  

Puppy pee doesn't really upset puppy owners.  A cousin once called it "sugar water."  Our undying memories of our Emma bring us joy even yet.  Cuddy is a spitting image of her, except that he's a little boy.  Otherwise, they're identical.  Except their personalities.  Emma was a terrorist.  Cuddy is an angel.  Go figure.  The boyfriend used to say that Emma took after me.  

Best get my rear in gear, shower, and get in the kitchen.  Am going to make some bacon-covered chestnuts for us, too.  That will be a gluten-free addition, plus we have Granny Smith Apples and bananas to cut into pieces.  My tendency always is to make too much food.  That habit goes way back to childhood when mom cooked for farmers, and big meals were the daily norm.  Guess we best not complain about the blessing of a lifetime of good food served by a loving mother.  Back then, they showed us their love through the foods they made.  Guess one could say that we're keeping that tradition alive today by preparing a meal for our darling great-niece.  

The sun's shining.  Temps have warmed up a bit.  Cannot help but think about the residents in New York who received an avalanche of 7 feet of snow.  That's a massive amount of white stuff to descend upon the earth.  Just imagine removing that much snow to return daily life to normalcy.  

Gotta kick it into gear here.  Ta-ta til the morrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment