Saturday, November 27, 2021

THINKING OUTLOUD

Sounds like OMICRON, the South African Covid variant, will be an everyday word.  United States borders closing on Monday, according to the news.  Wouldn't doubt there will be lock downs again this winter.

The multi-colored Christmas lights are lit on our balcony railing.  The boyfriend strung the lights in scallops, and they're so pretty.  We were both thinking about what we're gonna do for Christmas by way of decorating.  This afternoon we agreed that neither of us feels like putting up the village, putting out my collection of 100 Santas, nor putting up the Christmas Tree.  Our reasoning is that neither of us feel like investing what little energy we have into the fuss of putting stuff out and nobody seeing it.  With the introduction of another round of virus, plus Dale's upcoming second cataract surgery, we'll be doing zero entertaining through the holiday season.  

Then I think to myself, well, what if this is our last Christmas together?  What if something happens to one of us?  Oh, at this age, a person entertains all the possibilities.  Then the other half of my brain tells me it's okay if we both agree.  That in itself is a beautiful memory.  If one of us is gone next year, then the one left can remember how we decided not to put a lot of Christmas stuff up.  That works for me.  Will put out our trusty ceramic tree plus a lighted garland on the fireplace.  Not entirely grinchy.

Just squeezed a real lime into my gimlet.  Gets me thinking how I'm always adding condiments or enhancements to my drinks and foods.  In that regard, the boyfriend and I completely opposite.  When we have tacos or taco salads, I've gotta have the jalapeno peppers and hot Ortega's taco sauce.  Ketchup and whole grain mustard are essential to my existence.  Heinz 57 or Worcestershire sauce on steaks, and do not think I'd eat a french fry without gobs of ketchup.  Need pepper on everything.  The hotter, the better, for me.  I add hot pepper flakes to pizza and spaghetti.  

Don't know what got me thinking of Outback's bloomin' onion, but think I'll find a way to make em at home.  Last time we went to Texas Roadhouse, we had one.  OMG, could make a meal of one.  Absolutely love onions, eat em every day.  Every week's grocery list has green onions, plus we have the big red and yellow onions.

Tonight's supper was made by the man of the house.....roast beef, potatoes, carrots, gravy in the crock pot.  Ooooh, that sounds mighty fine.  All I've eaten so far today were a few Wheat Thins and Kwik Star's crab dip.  That stuff is delicious.  I know that cuz of my Jannie Girl.

4 comments:

  1. Well there is going to be 2 homes that aren't putting up all the decorations. With moving I don't care to unpack and repack for awhile! And another suggestion, move before your 70! On the subject of cataracts, had my eyes examined by a optometrist and told the cataracts were rip so whenever I was ready, so ok am ready. Went to a ophthalmologists and he says no reason for surgery, see ya next year as they are slow growing (music to my ears) Great to hear that "boyfriends" surgery went well.
    Taking care of our daughters dog for a few days and find it enjoyable as she is such a good dog. Mia is well trained but them early AM and late PM outdoor visits isn't the most comfortable in the winter months! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann.....know what you mean about the early morning and late night outdoor visits. Cuddy requires the same. What breed of dog is Mia?
    Good to hear I'm not the only one not decorating like always. Times sure are different. Guess it's our time to relax and let the younger crew take over.
    Thumbs up for the cataract second opinion. You've had enough on your plate without that right now. Enjoy your new home and say hi to Jean for us. ~L

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing the Smash and Grab for our Holiday! Thought we would try the newest trend! Kinda makes sense in that you don't have a credit card bill to take care of afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug and Bonnie......boy, the newest trend is something, isn't it? How sad for those who were charged with theft and paid their debt to society. Don't get me started...........

    ReplyDelete