Saturday, November 13, 2021

CUDDY STAYS TWO MORE DAYS

Woke up in the middle of a crazy dream this morning when the boyfriend lifted Cuddy off the bed to take him outside.  Was right smack dab in the middle of a verbal altercation with church ladies of the past. At the point where I awoke, my frustration with their bossiness had peaked.  Migod, how stuff haunts a person.  Where is all that suppressed angst stored?

Yippee skippee!!!!!  Just received a text message asking if the chipmunk can stay with us until Monday afternoon.  In a split second my heart flipped from sad to happy.  Could sit here and write volumes about my love for the little fluffy bug, but my readers must get tired of my wooing and cooing him.  

Another dreary day out there, typical November.  A couple is walking by, and they're wearing hoodies tied under their chins.  

Received in the mail Agatha Christie's autobiography, which I'm reading between her published books. Thought I ordered a paper back for the price, but it's hard cover in really good condition.  The first fifty pages are already answering puzzling questions....like, why does she incorporate French phrases in her writings.....and where did she learn to speak French.  An amazing woman with an ultra-imaginative mind.  With so many books, one would think she'd have followed a plot formula.  Not the case.  Every story is light years different than the last.  The characters are plentiful to the point where it's difficult to keep them straight.  One day I found myself writing lists of the names and what part they were playing in the story.  Am constantly googling words, both English and French.  Have started translating the French and writing the phrases in the books to help the guy who's reading the books after me.  

Staying hunkered in this weekend to avoid any Covid germs flying around from person to person.  Gotta take care of the boyfriend until his eyes get fixed.  We're cautious to the core, but that approach to life has done us well thus far.  Careless we try not to be.  Have reached the age where we have to put ourselves first and let the rest of the world take care of themselves.  

2 comments: