Wednesday, June 15, 2022

TRIBAL CELEBRATION

Last night was a movie marathon in my world.  One of the movies featured Clark Gable and Lauren Bacall in 'The Portrait.'  

We're under a hefty storm watch today.  Supposed to be in the upper 90s.  Is overcast already.  The boyfriend needs to trolley down to the pharmacy to pick up our meds.  Other than that, our day will be spent in the snuggery.

Well, today is the day I unveil my finished Kawandi which is hanging on the hallway wall next to the crazy quilt that's done in like velvets.  Two totally opposite types of stitching.  The crazy quilt is more from the Elizabethan era, Kawandi from the African tribes.  If I had to choose one or the other, well, it would be difficult.  Both of them required patience and thinking on my part.  I don't like picking favorites cuz, just like people, each has its own fascinating features. 

TRIBAL CELEBRATION
Form of quilting done by the Sidi (See-Dee) African tribal people
who live in remote areas of India today.


The four corner triangles are called "phulas," meaning "flowers" in the Sidi culture, and you can always tell a Kawandi by these four corner flowers.  

4 comments:

  1. Your Kawandi quilt is gorgeous! I love it! I love the name you chose. Very nice work. Do enjoy it every time you walk by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, we both are enjoying it. Sending a zip-lock baggie full of "perseverance" for you and your Kawandi. (giggling)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful !! You have an amazing talent! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thank you , Robin. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete