Friday, June 3, 2022

 A deadly shooting church shooting in the state where we live.....a shooting at a funeral cemetery in the state next to us....yesterday.  According to one reporter, gasoline reached $8 per gallon in California.  How's that for an opener?

Am working to complete my latest project.  A couple more kawandi projects are queued up inside my brain, with eBay small packages of fabric scraps arriving in the mail.  Have learned a new sewing term since starting.  A "fat quarter" is a square shape of fabric sold at quilt shops as a way of adding cut pieces of fabric without having to buy a whole yard.  A standard size American fat quarter is usually 18" x 11".  Have seen those squares of fabric in stores, but didn't know that's what they're called.

Have said this before, but stitching by hand is one of my late-life relaxations.  Even though my right thumb is numb and stick pins pierce my fingers, I can be productive and have fun at the same time.  Oh, there are some gripping moments when I'd just as soon toss the piece off the balcony, but it's one heck of an exercise in the three P's.....patience, perseverance and persistence.  It is said that those three P's will conquer everything.  One of my all-time favorite quotes is, "Patience attains all it strives for."  Don't know how many gazillion times I've secretly repeated those words to myself over the years.

Had a yummy meat loaf with baked potatoes for supper last night.  Have always wanted to learn how to use chopsticks, so that's my latest endeavor.  Using them is a tactic to make a meal last longer....a secret to feeling full faster.  By this time next year, hopefully I shall be proficient.  Awhile back I ordered a set of stainless steel chopsticks (with red Oriental design on the top half).  Won't be taking my show on the road quite yet.....am trying not to poke my eye out with 'em.  (giggle)

Be safe, sweet ones. 

2 comments:

  1. A thought-provoking blog.
    So much violence in this country of ours. Scary to go anywhere.
    I'm intrigued to hear about your next Kawandi design. The one you're working on does require the 3 P's.
    I've tried using those "sticks". How folks pick up a grain of rice with them requires another "P" - proficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be hilarious watching me learn to use the sticks. Last night managed to tackle mashed potatoes and gravy with 'em. Maybe a few marbles have dropped out of my bag. (giggle)

    ReplyDelete