Friday, June 24, 2022

Hadn't read the novel, The Dinner, published in the Netherlands in 2009, but watched the movie last night on You Tube.  When I saw that Richard Gere starred in it, well, how could I not watch it.  

The book has gotten polarized reviews, with ratings ranging from hatred to admiration.  The movie's ending left me frustrated, not understanding what the heck was going on.  Don't care for that, but the story itself left me wondering what I'd do in a like circumstance.  

In a nutshell, two sets of wealthy parents meet for dinner in a posh restaurant to decide what to do about a crime their sons have committed.  The dads are brothers, Richard Gere plays a politician and the other brother is a history teacher.  Mental health plays a backdrop of the story.

Started reading "A Dog's Purpose" passed on to me by a friend.  We're both dog love-love-lovers.  It's written from the dog's point of view, which is something I've not read before.  The author does a fantastic job, as those of us who live with the canines can attest.  Between movies and books, my universe varies from day to day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment