Tuesday, October 17, 2023

We're up at 7 cuz we're taking a day trip, pointing the car toward the North Star.  A glorious sunrise greeted us through the patio doors, and I hastened to capture it and pass it on to my followers just in case they don't get up in time.  




Just think, we would have missed out on this morning miracle if we didn't make plans for the day.  

Today includes a last-minute invitation to a wild rice soup luncheon.  Haven't had wild rice soup in such a long time, so this will definitely be a treat for us.  I can't eat wild rice without thinking of Native Americans and their culture.  Years back, we bought a wooden boat that was used by them to collect the wild rice in Northern Minnesota.  It was an impulsive "must-have" until we got it home.  Then we wondered what the heck we were going to do with the flat green thing!

Frost on the roof tops.  Another of October's announcements.  

Yesterday I stayed in my jammies all day and savored every relaxing minute.  Once in a while it's therapeutic to declare and celebrate jammie day.  It's something that should be required of us retired worn-out souls.  My mother wouldn't have dreamed of doing that, but, here's another example how every generation loosens the reins. 

Better think about a shower and changing into leggings and sweatshirt, my favorite attire.  Should be a perfect day for a trolley with the boyfriend.  Ta-ta 

2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous sun rise. I can't see them (all though I'm up) because of trees. I'd have to go on the road and head a little east to get a good look. Jammies are on no later than 10. I wake early not because I want to it just happens. Not a good sleeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jammie Days are great. I do them most every day. My Mom wouldn't have done them either. I remember house dresses and aprons until the l980's and for a few years would wear slacks.
    Beautiful sunrise. I could count on my fingers all the sunrises I've seen in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete