Monday, October 16, 2023

Did I ever get a good giggle from one response to yesterday's post.  Gotta share what came to me via text from my faithful follower, Robin..........

Thank you, Robin, for making me laugh!!!!!

The sun is shining, the boyfriend got in for a last-minute dental appointment, and I'm kicked back relaxing.  This is the day I start crocheting a throw for Dale's cousin/sister.  She left skeins of beautiful yarn for me to crochet in whatever pattern and size I want.  The first thing I noticed was one of the skeins is darker with a different dye lot number than the rest.  I asked Cuddy's Mom what she would do, and her suggestion was to crochet that skein in the center part of the throw so it'd look like it was intentionally placed there and would give a fading appearance.  Heck, that was the perfect approach.  That's why it's good to ask for input from other hookers!

Am going to work the project in the classic V-stitch.  Am thinking of going with the large throw size of 60 x 72.  A small throw is really not of any use.  I like a blankie that I can throw over me, including my toes.  Have no earthly idea how this thicker yarn will work up, but am going to pray there's enough.  If there's too much yarn, I can crochet a pillow to match.  Too much isn't a problem, but too little is.

Yesterday on our way to the celebration of life, we trollied over toward the town where we used to live.  Couldn't resist taking a photo of a gorgeous crimson-colored tree.  I took the photo from inside the car, trying to not get the power lines, but didn't quite manage that.  

Autumn Elegance

The celebration of life we attended was simple and simply heart-warming.  We each sprinkled ashes along the pond on the family farm.   His sister reverently scattered the remaining ashes in the fountained pond.  A short spiritual ceremony was led by one of his cousins.  Some of us shared special memories.  Following this, we all went to a nearby brewery where we celebrated with pivot (Czech word for beer) and pizza and other appetizers.  This was the first time I'd had Chicken Alfredo Pizza, and it was really delicious.  All in all, the occasion suited the lonely departed soul.  One gleaming example of how sometimes less is so much more.

Well, I'd best go find a crochet hook and make that beginning chain of stitches.  My intent is to complete the project and maybe have it be her Christmas present.  Yup, think that's what I'll aim for.

Ta-ta.  Again, tend to your brooms.  Just look what happened to Robin's!!!!! (giggle)

3 comments:

  1. 🤣🤣🤣 I just had to send it to you after I read your blog! Marty fixed it up for me so I'm ready to ride again 🤪!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sometimes trolley about 45 minutes north to "leaf peep" in the fall and always get a Chicken Alfredo pizza, sometimes with bacon.

    Robin's pic made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete