Saturday, September 2, 2023

SPECIAL DAY TRIP

Recently we spent an afternoon with family, riding around Minnesota farm fields in a golf cart.  This is something we've done together for years, and the older we get, the more fun it gets.

Along the way, we took pictures that I'll share in the days ahead.  I could put them all in one post, but, to me, each photo is precious and deserves special tribute.

The Monarch Butterfly

Iowa PBS writes in July of 2022, that the Monarch Butterfly was officially designated as endangered by the International Union for Conservation of Nature.  Scientists estimate that the species' population has dropped between 20% and 90% over the last several decades.

This was the first Monarch that I have seen this summer.  When I was a little girl, these flying flowers were flitting all over the place.     

How blessed are we who have the inclination to observe the devastating damage taking place on our beautiful planet.  Makes me think of the prophecy of the Cree Indians:  "When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money."   

No comments:

Post a Comment