Thursday, September 14, 2023

MANHUNT

Have spent long days following the manhunt in Pennsylvania.  There were three You Tubers who worked practically day and night to live stream the search.  People from around the world, including Dubai, were following as the search went on and on and on.  Without these three individuals, the public would not have been informed.  Some nights I stayed up till 2 a.m. glued to the screen.  One day followed another without capture.  Then the night before last the radio dispatchers went silent, and it was thought the dispatching went to an encrypted channel.  Went to bed around 1 in the morning and by morning he was in custody.  

This was a huge life event for me, akin to living through a global pandemic that closed the world down.  Never before have we been able to follow drones, helicopters, SWAT teams, dogs, horses, and LE agencies from across the country scan thick and dangerous forests looking for an escapee.  At the killer's interview following capture, he evidently revealed that the next day he planned to car jack a vehicle to get out of the country.  The timing of his capture was critical, and the LE did a superior job.  

Before I close today, I make a note of a quotation that my boyfriend discovered last evening.  He called it to my attention, because only he knows the pain and suffering I've endured because of certain absences in my life.  Just maybe the quote will help one other person who has experienced the pain of having been dumped like a piece of garbage by another. 

"If your absence doesn't bother them,

your presence never meant anything.

Last night before falling asleep, I wondered how the escapee felt inside a cell of solitary confinement.  One time connected with my employment, I was allowed to tour a maximum security prison.  I saw up close a solitary confinement cell, so my mind was able to envision his surroundings.  Talk about someone having the perfect book to write.  Imagine what he experienced during those 14 days on the run.  Those wooded areas in Pennsylvania have rattlesnakes and water moccasin venomous snakes.  Three times the law enforcement nearly stepped on him, that's how dense the undercover was.  

Salutations to all the agencies and people who worked to get this guy back behind bars.  The dispatchers, too, deserve special recognition for the part they played in directing officers where to go and reporting sightings.  

Today I'm back to reality.  My Venny girlfriend gifted me with a little ceramic dog in memory of Cuddy.  She found it at a thrift store.  To make him all mine, I'm repainting him with acrylics.  His name is Buddy.  He spent an overnight soaking in sanitizing solutions to rid him of any remains from his prior surroundings.  I'm one who insists on all pre-owned things being completely soaked, sanitized and super clean.  Yesterday I applied the first coat of paint and today will do a second.  

Hopefully I'm back on track now and will do a better job of posting.  Ta-ta.

2 comments:

  1. The news media failed to mention that he was an illegal, how many more of his kind are here with evil intentions. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I'm sure that was a real oops on the media's part. Makes a person crazy, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete