Wednesday, September 6, 2023

SPECIAL DAY #5

 

This is one of the pictures we took of the many blue dragonflies that were hovering over the farm pond.  Had never seen anything like it before.  They're the blue little things above the tall weeds.

A blue dragonfly is called the Blue Dasher and is the showiest dragonfly.  In some cultures seeing a blue dragonfly is considered a meaningful experience.  It's ironic that Debbie and I would've seen so many blue dragonflies that special day we spent together.  It's another example of how we must get up close to the smallest of living things that share this planet with us.  From a distance, we can't know the blessings that are sprinkled along our path.  Nature affords us a magnificent showplace if we simply take the time to observe the silence that screams to be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Before Mary Ann passed away, I asked her to send me a sign that she made it to the other side. Lo and behold ten days later I got my sign. I had been watering plants and came back to the patio and there were dozens of dragonflies, so I sat down on the picnic table and watched them flying so gracefully around me. Then it dawned on me to get my phone and video tape this because it was so amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had just read in my Woman's World magazine that when dragonflies appear it's a sign that a loved one is in transition. And the funny part was that they were just on the patio flying around me not on the lawn, not behind me but right there in front of me. There must have been around 30 maybe even 50 of them. I was so excited I had to call my girlfriend to tell her. I was thrilled because I wasn't sure I would know what the 'sign' would be or even if that could happen. They hung around maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Haven't seen them since. I went out the next night in hopes they'd come back but they didn't. I am now a believer. Knew about cardinals and finding pennies but this was an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.....your comment is priceless. Thank you so much for sharing. This has to help your pain. Tight hug.

    ReplyDelete