Saturday, February 18, 2023

There are times when I can feel an embryo idea inside my brain, urging me to nurture it so it comes to life as a creative design.  That's what happened yesterday.  So, I got out my bead stash and melded emotions with beads and came up with a sun-catcher that holds secret messages as reminders for me.  

Also took apart the order of junk wooden jewelry ordered on eBay, washed the beads and they're on the kitchen counter drying.  Have an idea to make a wooden wind-chime for the deck.  With March being a stone's throw away, springtime makes me smile as I think of lounging in my Adirondack chair absorbing the sun's gift of vitamin D.  

The boyfriend got our freezer working once again.  All the packages are nicely arranged.  We had a service call in, but canceled.  Can't imagine what a service call costs these days.  Freezers aren't furnished by Venny.  We bought it for our laundry room next to our master bath.  The refrigerator has a bottom freezer, and I luv luv that, rather than the freezer on top.  This is the first refrigerator with an ice maker, which is a really nice perk.  

Ice cube trays, aluminum and Tupperware, were a real pain.  Remember the old aluminum ones with the hand lever to break the cubes apart?  At the time, we were happy to have them.  Time and new inventions afford more and more luxuries to our daily living.  I'm kinda glad we're getting the luxuries now when we need 'em the most.  

A beef roast is in the crock pot, with potatoes and gravy.  Last night I didn't feel well and actually had to vomit.  Thought for sure I was getting Covid, but today am feeling better.  Think the culprit was the cardboard pizza I had for supper last night.  For a long while Jack's pizzas were one of my favorite cardboard cuisines, but lately they're quite bad.  I told the boyfriend not to bother buying them anymore.  More than likely there's a good reason they're so cheap.

Lots more bad stuff happening in the country.  Nine children, ages 5-17, were shot in a Shell Gas Station in Georgia last night.  Watched a briefing, and none of the victims have life-threatening wounds.  There was another shooting in Mississippi, as well.  The Ohio train derailment is causing concerns, as people there are breaking out in rashes.  There's also concern for the animals being affected by the toxicity.  

Today's Tao message is that even in the midst of an extreme situation, the wise are patient.  Whether the situation is illness, tragedy, or personal anger, healing will follow upheaval.  Natural events balance themselves out by seeing their opposites, and this process of balance is at the heart of all healing.

2 comments:

  1. Here in Fl. the only news is bad news on all local channels. Killings every night. If I want to hear about world news I have to go to the BBC. The home owner doesn't have many choices, as I'm sure it's the cheapest route for them when they aren't here most of the year. Our time is winding down. Boo who! Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a winter storm is heading our way tomorrow (Tuesday). Hope your FL stay lasts long enough to avoid being caught in it.

    ReplyDelete