Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Never a day goes by that something new in the world reveals itself.  

This morning FB introduced me to a crochet hook that counts stitches and rows.  Holy toads, whoever would've thought of that for an invention.  First thing that comes to mind is how one resets it, or how it works when different stitches are made in one row.  Gotta check this out to see if it'd be worth my while to order one.  As it stands now, there is a pint jar on my dresser filled with standing crochet hooks.  With so many, it's obvious there are quite a few duplicates.  It took me until retirement to actually have myself organized enough to not need duplicates anymore.  Everything has its place and I know where to look for my crafting equipment.

Tis a very hazy day, looks like the clouds are down to the ground.  The boyfriend is out and about picking up our meds at the pharmacy and grocery shopping.  I paid our monthly cell phone bill, plus renewed a couple of subscriptions.  Fixed a deluxe salad for lunch.  There isn't a soul out and about.  Would guess everyone is doing the same thing, and that is basically nothing.

Think I'll do a bit of research on this new-fangled crochet hook.  The second something new like this enters my brain, it drives me nuts to know all about it.  My first reaction was that it's silly, but then I think of how I stop and count the stitches to make sure I've hooked the right amount.  For the sake of keeping up with the latest inventions, it's likely I'll be getting one.  Just one more way that our era is being updated and replaced.  The ongoing story of existence.

3 comments:

  1. Wowza! I didn't have it come up on fb on this end. Pretty in Pink. Seems as though it would save time. Let us know if you get one.
    I'm on the same mind. If I hear something new to me, could be a term, phrase, word, something that occurred in 300 A.D., I go crazy until I research it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it doesn't surprise me that you do as I do.....and I do as you do......we are cut from the same cookie dough, you know!!!!! (giggling)

    ReplyDelete