Thursday, December 15, 2022

Am back to pass on my two cents worth regarding the magic crochet hook.  Went to YT and watched enough of one lady's video to tell me that the hook has to be the dumbest thing on the market.  She started her video showing how to hold the hook, where the button is to reset the rows and stitches.  Right off the bat she inadvertently hit the reset and screwed her count up.  I couldn't take much more, so I shut the video down and filed the idea in my personal file #13.  Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up for a magic crochet hook.  

Snowed overnight, and a few flakes fall as I type this.  A couple big black crows just flew by.  Such a stark contrast to the winter white.  Checked the weather forecast, and sounds like frigid temperatures will be descending upon the central part of the U.S. next week before Christmas.  Temperatures like 30 below zero.  That's gonna make for tough travels, 'specially for those of us who are teetering on the short end of life's ruler.  

We have had some neat pre-Christmas happy parties already.  On the 22nd we're invited to Cuddy's house for an afternoon of holiday sips, snacks and a Christmas movie marathon.  I'm a movie lover, so I await this with child-like anticipation.  Somewhere along the way here I'll watch Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase.  That's a Christmas must for me.  No matter how many times I watch that movie, I laugh till it hurts.

We're receiving a few Christmas cards each day in the mail.  Ours will be delivered via air waves, rather than the postal system.  I just don't have the pizazz anymore to do the traditional things.  I do hold high regard for those who still do.  

Till the morrow, ta-ta. 

1 comment:

  1. At 60 cents per thin envelope, I've scaled down my Card List. Heavens to Betsy, I remember well when was mailed for 6 cents.

    ReplyDelete