Tuesday, December 6, 2022

A trip to the grocery store today screams an economy that's growing worse.  There's no way prices can continue to go north.  According to the rumor mill, people of all societal levels are going to food pantries to put food on the table.   The joke (?) is that there are those who drive up to the food pantry driving new SUV's.  That's just plain wrong to my way of thinking.  

Oh, I know I put myself on the line by writing my true feelings.  There are many who disagree, and that's as it should be.  I'm getting rather tired of holding my tongue and only listening.  Bottom line, our society has lost integrity.  There are certain parts of our population who are easily offended, and the rest of us are expected to abide.  And, with that, I shall zip it.

Today I had a lot of fun designing a bracelet for someone special.  The boyfriend teases me about the perfect late-life hobby that makes me so happy while sitting in my retirement recliner.  I absolutely love to make things, but I need to have someone special to give them to.  Otherwise, we'd have to pay for a storage unit to store my creations.  

The boyfriend put together a meat loaf, and its baking aroma has me salivating.  We're both sipping a pre-meal cocktail and will be hungry as bears when it's done.  

We're having guests over for supper Thursday, so tomorrow we'll be preparing food ahead and cleaning the house.  What's more fun than entertaining friends....'specially during the holidays.  I remember when we were kids, neighbors visited neighbors in the evening and about 11 o'clock the kitchen table would be filled with a full-fledged meal.  Guess that's what makes me whole-heartedly enjoy inviting guests and being invited out as guests.  Call me old-fashioned.

Actress Kirstie Alley passed away from cancer.  I always liked her.  Can't help but think how the Grim Reaper takes us one by one, no matter our fame or our fortune.  

Ordered Cuddy a t-shirt to wear in the house.  The t-shirt arrived today, and it's just as I hoped.  Also ordered a curling-iron brush that will accommodate my shorter hair style.  Both were ordered online from Walmart, postage free cuz their total reached $25.  Can't beat it with a stick.

Started writing my article for Venny's December Newsletter.  Right now it's in the "iffy" stage.  Thoughts have to be formulated in my brain before I can put down on paper what will inspire the reader.  

Well, best to get to my computer and let my mind float from Candy Cane Majong to YT videos to which I subscribe.  Tis a quiet evening, the red Christmas lights on the balcony are so pretty, and darkness has us cuddled in for the night.  The boyfriend spent part of the afternoon in the workshop making a memo board for one of our Venny friends.  She asked him to make it for her.  He's happy to use his creative mind to make things for our Venny family of friends.  

Nite-nite.     

No comments:

Post a Comment