Friday, June 28, 2024

SARA TEASDALE


American writer, Sara Teasdale (1884-1933), wrote seven books of poetry in her lifetime.  Her poems are noted for their classical simplicity and quiet intensity.

".....Tell me how you have kept the joy
still burning in your eyes."
Then, like an old-time orator, 
Impressively he rose.
'I make the most of all that comes
and the least of all that goes.'
The jingling rhythm of his words
echoed as old songs do;
Yet this had kept his eyes alight
till he was ninety-two."
~Sara Teasdale, 'The Philosopher" 1916~


5 comments:

  1. Sienna's Graduation Day - Valedictorian of her Class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Sienna's graduation......many honors she receives.....you must be so very proud of her and the girls. I left a message for her on FB sending my congratulations. My congrats also go to her Gramma and Kelly! Kids require much support to reach success. Sienna is blessed for sure.

    ReplyDelete