Tuesday, July 2, 2024

SAY NOTHING




Once in a while I come across written words that stop me in my tracks...........A fish with a closed mouth never gets caught!

Like it or not, we are living in a fragile society, where the spoken word has the same power as a sharp arrow.  Is there anyone who has not felt the piercing pain of the verbal arrow?  I know I have, many many times.  Sometimes I responded with anger, sometimes with tears.  

Living for decades gives one the benefit of personal experience.  From that experience, we learn how to most effectively present our reactions to the actions of others.  At this stage, my best advice to myself is to keep my mouth shut.  What will I gain by exposing my anger? my disappointment? my disbelief?  Absolutely nothing.

Many times I stay away from meetings, simply to ensure that I keep my mouth closed.  Sometimes we expose ourselves in ways that aren't very flattering when we pose questions or doubt authority.   There's deceptive bait dangling all over the place, and we just have to be smart enough not to bite.  

We had a morning rain shower.  Heavy overcast cloud cover, looks like more rain any time.  Another cozy cuddle-in day.  Ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment