Friday, July 26, 2024

CAUTIOUS CAT AM I

Today begins the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris, France.  Sadly, this morning's news tells of a massive sabotage attack against France's high-speed railway network.  This tells me that today we can add FEAR to our human likenesses.  

There's a saying.......If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.  I live by those words.  Especially when it comes to caution.  One of my personality traits is most definitely cautious, because I approach all situations with careful consideration.  My brain is accustomed to weighing the risks and benefits of all situations. 

Some may say that caution keeps us from doing life-enriching things.  And, that's reasonable.  I'm seeing us living in troubled times, and it makes perfect sense to be vigilant. 

An example would be the Summer Olympics.  Sure, it would be a fantastic experience to fly to Paris and watch the sporting events.  My cautious brain kicks into gear and thinks about the possible terrorist attacks, like the train sabotage that's already taken place on day one.  Why on earth would I put myself through the commotion of travel and join thousands of others while we're hearing the levels of possible terrorist attacks on the rise.  People are braver than me.  Actually, I'm not sure if it's having courage or being careless.  I'm content as the proverbial bug to watch the Olympics on the telly and watch the thousands who feast on human congestion.  I prefer my space to mitigate the risk of  unforeseen situations.  They say that caution is the parent of safety.  I'm happiest when I'm safe and sound.

2 comments:

  1. I must say you have kept precise track of the years far better than I. Being 39A13 feels a whole lot better than 78. Looking at the latter number sends goosebumps to my arms. Where have the years gone? So so many fun times to relive in our minds. Thank you, Tall Cottage, for having been such a massive portion of my lifetime!

    ReplyDelete