Monday, September 5, 2022

BAKING ROLLS

We've spent a relaxing Labor Day weekend.  It's Monday afternoon, and two pans of rolls are rising on the stove top.  As I sprinkled the poppyseed, I remembered watching gramma do the same thing many years ago.  Our intention was to make kolaches, but hesitated to use the canned filling when we checked the expiration date.  

The original kitchen cupboards in our first home had a pull-out breadboard.  That was pretty cool back then, in the 1960s.  Now, we use a marble board on which to work the dough.  Wouldn't trade it for anything.  Plus, the marble board serves as an appetizer tray when we entertain.  

Don't know what's gone awry with my left knee, but it hurts something awful when I stand/walk.  Am taking Advil and put on a knee support that I used before my right knee replacement.  The aging journey is a wild adventure, all we can do is hang on for dear life.  Best not "woe is me," cuz I don't like crying in my soup. 

Thought I'd drop by, being I've been away from the keys for a few days.  My new chromebook is being christened in fine fashion.  My latest research is leading me into the history of the mob, going back to Sicily.

Ta-ta for today.   

1 comment:

  1. One time when my younger daughter brought home a fun girlfriend of hers for Easter we frosted dog biscuits and we all pretended to eat them as our Easter dessert. She was shocked and then laughed hysterically afterward.

    ReplyDelete