Wednesday, October 2, 2024

TOPPINGS

In keeping with autumn, we're having chili for tonight's supper.  Actually, the season has nothing to do with chili, cuz we eat it year around.  For me, it's not only a bowl of soup, it's the base on which to add cheese, diced onions, black olives, green olives, sour cream, hot sauce and Fritos.  

For some, food plays important roles in the seasonal holidays.  It's part of the human celebration of life and special events along the way.  Sadly, there are places on earth where people aren't as fortunate.  And, that makes me extremely sad.  What would that be like?

During these times of uncertainty.....it's good to remind ourselves of just how much we are gifted, rather than let our minds get swept away with political brooms.  If someone would ask me if there was ever a day in all of my years that I didn't have food to eat, my answer would be NO.  Every day of my life I've had food, shelter, water, and never one day did I wake up and not feel loved by someone.  If that isn't being blessed, then I don't know what is.

Life wasn't designed to lavish us with glitz, glitter and glamour.  If we have the basics to sustain life comfortably, that's being blessed.  Every single topping beyond that is a luxury.  All we really need is less.

2 comments:

  1. Wow…are we talking homemade chili? I’ve never thought of putting those toppings on it…gosh am I hungry now!!! Recipe please…M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple recipe using hamburger, tomato soup and/or tomato juice, stewed tomatoes, your choice of beans, chili beans or kidney beans. Oh, yea, I love my chili toppings. And, freshly-baked cinnamon rolls go mighty fine with chili, in my book! As you can tell, my taste buds dance like crazy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete