Friday, October 4, 2024

BALANCING OUR CHOICES

Today we're doing online grocery shopping.....my favorite.  Our order will be ready for pickup at 4:30.  I've had exceptional luck with this way of shopping.  Honestly, for me, it's easier to compare prices online, cuz it shows all that's available.  Grocery aisles are menacing to me.  Just don't enjoy being cuddled by grocery carts and indecisive shoppers.  Then there are those who go to the grocery store not only to buy groceries, but to talk to other shoppers.  Funny how we're all different.  The last place I care to visit is when I need to concentrate on restocking the cupboards.

The prices of groceries are just sickening.  My frugal nature demands concentration on bringing home the best bang for my buck.  Of course, this is with a lifelong money perspective that started in 1967 when I bought a shopping cart full of groceries, including meat, for $15.  Today I'd be hard-pressed to fill a cart for $150.  

It's that business of keeping things in balance.  Buy the sale items, veer away for the name brands.  Like all else, budgeting is a life skill, one that is more necessary now than ever.  Balance is the foundation to everything, in my world.  I've learned that one must be moderate in order to enjoy life in abundance.  We can't have everything and do everything we may want.  I learned that when I was a little girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment