Thursday, October 3, 2024

PUPPY and FISH

Gotta share something that feels almost spooky.  Here is a zentangle that came into existence by me simply adding one doodle after another.  Then I took a closer look at my drawing, and I saw a side view of a puppy's face.  Honestly, there was not one thought of creating other than a tangle, yet look how the eye is positioned and also the ear.  The bottom spiral even looks like a puppy's paw.  

A voice inside my head told me to turn the sketch book sideways, and when my eyes settled on the tangle they saw a fish.  The puppy's ear is a fish's pectoral fin, the puppy's muzzle is a fish's dorsal fin, and the puppy's tail is the fish's tail. 

This is 100% accidental.  This is what I call the fun of creating.....sometimes we surprise ourselves.  What I considered a meaningless doodle, actually turned out to be a duo doodle.

Yesterday I took my brain on vacation.  My brain and I watched 2024 Hallmark Christmas movies on You Tube.  Even movie theaters are a thing of the past.  What a luxury to lean back in my retirement recliner and watch movies on my Chromebook.  Who'd ever have thunk that the day would come when I'd be surrounded by such comfort.  I don't take anything for granted, if possible.  

They say (whoever they are) that we can offer our ordinary daily actions up as prayers.  When I crochet, when I doodle, when I work on any project, I offer each stitch and doodle as a prayer of gratitude.  Rarely do I pray to ask for anything, but mostly thank for everything.  Maybe the puppy and fish are the result of prayer doodles.  Something more to ponder.

1 comment: