Monday, August 26, 2024

HOT AND STEAMY

Little Fox went home last evening around 8 o'clock.  Her water and food dish stayed, cuz she'll be back to spend Wednesday with us while her parents go shopping.  

We're in for a few really hot days.  By 3 o'clock this afternoon temp is predicted to be 95, and currently the humidity is 88%.  A painful recipe for arthritis sufferers, like myself.  

The boyfriend brought me this bouquet of orange posies from the garden.  Fresh-cut flowers bring a sense of well-being into the home.  Autumn brings the golds, rusts and oranges, and the greens turn to browns.  Colors are the smiles of Nature ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Last week I watched the Telles trial on YT, and, boy, is that something else.  The defendant took the stand, representing himself, and instead of being questioned by an attorney, he sat up there and made an absolute fool of himself.  This was fodder for the critics of criminal trials over the weekend.  I watched, and every one said the guy is a nut job.  Today we're looking at court instructions, closing arguments and then the jury takes over its task.  Predictions are that the jury won't be out very long.  

The prosecutor's cross-examination of Telles was quite the performance.  Telles has an explanation for everything, and everything was someone else's fault, and his ultimate defense is "someone set me up."  There's so much evidence against this guy, that the trial is a comedy.  Watching a defendant present his case in narrative form is something I'd never heard of before.  Speculation is that his attorney wouldn't jeopardize his legal license, knowing the defendant would perjure himself.  OMG......I used to have to go to a movie theater to see such stuff, and here I can sit and watch it on my laptop all day long if I want.  No wonder I don't get anything else done.  Yup, I'm addicted to crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment