Thursday, July 6, 2023

Today from 2 to 7 p.m., Venny is having an outdoor quilt show.  All types and sizes of quilts can be displayed on individual unit deck railings.  The log cabin quilt that Dale's Mom made for us is the one we chose to display.  I took this picture through the screen door, so it's not the clearest.  But, thought it's special how the boyfriend is standing beside it. 

Spent most of today trying to think through my July newsletter article.  Think I've retyped it now about 7,000 times and still can't get it the way I want it.  Some would say it's a wasted day, but not to a writer.  All editing whether adding, deleting or rewording, is a way to better the final draft.

Got a call this afternoon inviting us to dinner tomorrow night at one of the local country clubs.  Sweet surprises bring smiles.

 

2 comments:

  1. I remember that beautiful quilt, In fact, I think often of it and the love, the generosity and the warm hospitality that accompanied it,

    Maybe the July newsletter could show pics of some of the balconies and a write-up of how quilts came to be and other info about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the editor of the newsletter will feature the quilt display. I'll be sending you my article when it's completed.

    ReplyDelete